Oh wow, it’s a …a heart-shaped candle maker. …Um, thanks!
Forget pink chocolates and cupid-themed cards. This February why not splash out on something charmingly practical for your most favouritest person? Or better yet, something you can both enjoy?
Bring home a:
1. New set of extra soft sheets, pillow cases, and a duvet cover. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like that brand new, soft cozy feeling.
2. Practical Kitchen Gadget. Like a slow cooker, or a food processor. (Then turn the romance up to 11 by making a fancy dinner with it.)
2b: Or a SODA STREAM! Those things are freakin’ great.
3. Really, really good quality coffee Or hot chocolate, or tea, if that’s your thing.
4. A gift certificate for a cleaning service to come into their/your house. Danger: You’ll never go back.
5. Go practical to the max and get their tires/oil changed. Seriously, though, how nice would that be!?
6. Organize with their friends to give them a fun night out. (With or without you!)
7. Prepare in advance their lunches to take to work for the next week. Go on and stick some cute notes in there too.
8. Clean their bathroom / fridge / garage / whatever they don’t want to do.
9. Repaint the house, up all the weeds, stock the fridge and run the bath.
10. Buy a class! Research suggests (and fear of materiality compels) that we like experiences more than things. Find something awesome for you guys (or just your partner) to try out that may result in an awesome new skill.